Thursday, July 26, 2012

by Nick

Greetings! My name is Nick Lee, and I am an Intern at the Public Heritage Institute. I became involved with this organization because Regis College has a policy whereby each graduating senior must have an internship to graduate, and that is how I came to become affiliated with the PHI. What struck me most about working with PHI is the focus on heritage and heritage being a proponent of the self. I enjoy reading about history and other cultures and so this was very interesting to me. The PHI also has different events, for example in the spring we had a colloquium with students from the UMASS anthropology program, whereby each graduate student, discussed his or her research. We also have sponsored events, such as a history fair, where students create a project about a topic that interests them. I look forward to posting in the future. Please feel free to come and check out our blog! If you have any insightful comments please feel free to comment as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment