Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Poetry Night


Last month, as part of National Poetry Month, Heritage Studies teamed up with the English Department to host our second ever Poetry Night. With about thirty-five people squeezed into the lounge it marked another successful event. Students, faculty, and staff participated by reading different works; poems and songs, original and otherwise. Check out some pictures from the event below. 

 

 Rachel was the bravest of us all and led the night off (above), while 
Dr. Julia Lisella read some original work of her own (below)

 


 Here I am reading one of my favorite pieces by John Wilmot, the 2nd Earl of Rochester (below)






 

This is the poster we made for the event. I was a little sad when not everyone realized what I wrote for the description was actually in the form of haikus, and not just me writing poorly. 

-Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment